Final Draft Tips

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Final Draft Question: Puzzling Error Message

I have been writing on my PC laptop on Final Draft 5.0 for quite some time, and I have just installed the same program on my Mac. Every time I try to use the program I get an error message saying, "your backup directory cannot be found". Do you know how to fix it?

FD5 is two versions back, but still usable.

Whenever you see a mysterious error message in Final Draft it's time to go to the online technical database. That's under {Support}{FAQ Pages} on the Final Draft website. (At least, that's where it is until the next time they overhaul their website.) Enter the text of the error message in the search field provided there and voila!

What's happening to you is Mac FD5 is freaking out that it can't do auto-save. Go to {Edit}{Preferences}{Auto Save/Backup}{New Folder} and navigate to the backup folder in the Final Draft folder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home